Join us at 11am, after 10am worship, for Sunday School this summer!!
JAM (Jesus and Me) Ministries at Burks United Methodist Church
At Burks UMC we call our Children's Ministry JAM, Jesus and Me! Scroll down to learn more about what we are doing in JAM on Sundays, Wednesday Night and Special Events!
Our children experience a safe, age appropriate environment where they will learn about Jesus in creative and relevant ways. Jesus reminded us to put children front and center in our hearts and ministry with these radical instructions:
“Let the little children come to me. Don’t keep them away. The kingdom of heaven belongs to people like them.’ Matthew 19:14 (NIRV).
Your first visit:
Here's what to expect:
- Your child is treated with care and respect at all JAM functions and programs.
- Your child is kept safe at Burks UMC. We follow Safe Sanctuary Policy guidelines.
- Diversity is respected at JAM. We do not discriminate against any race or family system.
- Fresh, creative teaching, activities, and games are used weekly to address all learning styles.
- JAM program offerings are evolving to meet changing needs as our church grows.
- Adults are invited to schedule time with Miss Jessica to contribute to this ministry. We value your time and don’t expect you to show up and hang around, but you are also needed and wanted to participate in this dynamic ministry.
- Our goal is that your child sees and feels that church is a secure, welcoming place where they find understanding and meaning of the world around them, a relationship with God who loves and values them, and a glimpse of the mystery of the faith. We will strive to attain these goals through a variety of medium, all woven in with fun and activities
When you check your child/children into JAM, Sunday Mornings, or JAM and Jelly, Wednesday Nights, there will be a quick check-in system. This will allow us to keep up with your little one and make sure we know allergies, and who can pick them up. Once you are in the system it will be a fast check-in process. (We value your privacy and will not share your information.)
Details that you will find in our check-in process are:
- Parent/guardian name(s)
- Child's name
- Child's birthdate
- Home address
- Phone number
- Any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for your children
How check-in works:
Before Service: You can check-in your child at the kiosk on the JAM hallway. After finding your child’s name in the database, you and your child will be given matching name tags that are exclusive to your family and your visit. Your child will need to wear the name tag portion while you hold on to the matching tag.
After Service: After the service is complete, you will return to your child’s room and show your tag in order for your child to be released back to you.
Meet our Director of Children's Ministry, Jessica Brackett!
Jessica brings so much positive energy to the table. Here are some fast FAQ'S about Jessica:
1. Jessica loves children and loves Jesus!
2. Jessica prefers to use hands on learning to reach all children
3. Jessica grew up in Holston Conference UM parsonages!
4.Jessica is a UTC graduate and has a BS in Psychology and Family Studies.
5. Jessica is married to Joe, and they welcomed their first child in 2021! They also have 2 dogs named Willow and Breeze, and a cat named Meeko.
6. Jessica’s favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice. Her favorite children’s movie varies, but is currently Pocahontas
7. Jessica’s ministry calling comes from being excited to go to church as a child to see what new things she would learn about God that day!
8.Jessica’s favorite food is macaroni and cheese. Yum!
9. Jessica wants children to know that coming to church is fun, and it is a cool place to learn to show our friends and family God’s love.
10. Jessica’s favorite color is purple.
If you have further questions concerning our JAM ministry experience or visiting Burks UMC with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!