JAM Camp is in the works! REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 4TH AT 2 PM!!!!
Elevate your summer with an active, splashy, crafty, gaming JAM camp experience!
Children rising into Kindergarten - 5th grade are welcome to register for 4 weeks of fun! Every Wednesday in the month of June from 9- 2 pm! Every week JAM participants will explore God's creation through mixed aged level groups, small group time, crafts, games, structured quiet time, and more!
Structured quiet time is a new feature this year!
- when each child checks in they will get to choose from
- coloring and reading
- or napping
There is a $40 charge for JAM camp. What does this include?
- 4 weeks of activities and care
- lunch and creative snacks
- a JAM camp water bottle
- a 2020 JAM camp T-Shirt
- and tons of memories
Email email@example.com with any and all questions!
Mrs. Jessica loves to have lunch with the JAM kiddos! Fill out the form below so she has permission to come on campus!
Homeschooled? No worries a lunch date it is!
JAM (Jesus and Me) Ministries at Burks United Methodist Church
At Burks UMC we call our Children's Ministry JAM, Jesus and Me! Scroll down to learn more about what we are doing in JAM on Sundays, Wednesday Night and Special Events!
Our children experience safe, age appropriate environment where they will learn about Jesus in creative and relevant ways.
Jesus reminded us to put children front and center in our hearts and ministry with these radical instructions:
“Let the little children come to me. Don’t keep them away. The kingdom of heaven belongs to people like them.’ Matthew 19:14 (NIRV).
Your first visit
Here's what to expect when visiting JAM (Jesus and Me) for the first time:
- Your child is treated with care and respect at all JAM functions and programs.
- Your child is kept safe at Burks UMC. We follow Safe Sanctuary Policy guidelines.
- Diversity is respected at JAM. We do not discriminate against any race or family system.
- Fresh, creative teaching, activities, and games are used weekly to address all learning styles.
- JAM program offerings are evolving to meet the changing needs as our church grows.
- Adults are invited to schedule time with Miss Jessica to contribute to this ministry. We value your time and don’t expect you to show up and hang around, but you are needed and wanted to participate in this dynamic ministry, also.
- Our goal is that your child sees and feels that church is a secure, welcoming place where they find understanding and meaning of the world around them, a relationship with God who loves and values them, and a glimpse of the mystery of the faith. We will strive to attain these goals through a variety of medium, all woven in with fun and activities
When you check your child/children into JAM, Sunday Mornings, or JAM and Jelly, Wednesday Nights, there will be a quick check in system. This will allow us to keep up with your little one and make sure we know allergies, and who can pick them up. Once you are in the system it will be a fast check in process. (we value your privacy and will not share your information.)
Items that you will find in our check in process are:
- Parent/guardian name(s)
- Child's name
- Child's birthdate
- Home address
- Phone number
- Any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for your children
How check-in works
Before Service: You can check-in your child at the kiosk on the JAM hallway. After finding your child’s name in the database, you and your child will be given matching name tags that are exclusive to your family and your visit. Your child will need to wear the name tag portion while you hold on to the matching tag.
After Service: After the service is complete, you will return to your child’s room and show your tag in order for your child to be released back to you.
Meet our Director of Children's Ministry
Jessica brings so much positive energy to the table. Here are some
FAST FAQS about Jessica
1. Jessica loves children and loves Jesus!
2. Jessica prefers to
use hands on learning to reach all children
3. Jessica grew up in Holston Conference UM parsonages!
4.Jessica is a UTC Grad! She has a BS in Psychology and Family Studies.
5. Jessica is married to Joe, and they have 2 dogs named Willow and Breeze
6. Jessica’s favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice. Her favorite children’s movie varies, but right now, it is Pocahontas
7. Jessica’s ministry calling comes from being excited to go to church as a child and see what she would learn new about God that day.!
8.Jessica’s favorite food is macaroni and cheese. Yum!
9. Jessica wants children to know that coming to church is fun, and it is a cool place to learn to show our friends and family God’s love.
10. Jessica’s favorite color is purple.
If you have further questions concerning our JAM ministry experience or visiting Burks UMC with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!